Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sandy is interviewed by ECPAT USA (End Child Prostitution and Trafficking)

      This week I was asked to answer three questions by ECPAT USA. ECPAT stands for End Child Prostitution and Trafficking.

      As a member of The Code (www.TheCode.org) my company and I continue to dedicate time to bring human trafficking to a stop. Modern day slavery is alive and thriving and we all need to be vigilant and educated on the subject.ECPAT is using our answers in a social media campaign. 


      1. Why it is more important than ever that the tourism industry get involved in combating
child trafficking.

Simple Answer! Because these horrific crimes are still being committed and the travel industry can be part of the solution!

2. Why your company got involved and continues to stay involved in this issue.
My day job offers me the opportunity to give back to my global community and it is the right thing to do.

As the executive producer and host of two travel radio programs and editor of a travel newsletter as well as a travel blogger, part of our business model getting involved with issues that protect healthy life styles.
I was asked to serve on the board of directors of Airline Ambassadors four years ago and we realized that traffickers were using airlines and other methods in our industry to transport those who are vulnerable. We decided to produce a training specifically for airports and crews and I became one of the first trainers of Human Trafficking Awareness 4 years ago. We have continued to train airports and other travel organizations.

In conjunction with my training, we use our voice to reach on issues of healthy life style. As the executive producer and host of TravelTalkRADIO, BusinessTravelRADIO we use these perfect platforms for experts to come and share their knowledge with listeners. We invite you to visit us at http://www.TravelTalkMEDIA.com/thecode_TTM.html

I am able to give my personal time and I am grateful that my radio programming has offered visibility as well offer visibility but feel a need to be active and volunteer in an area where we can make a difference. As the executive producer and host of I am on the board of directors TravelTalkRADIO, BusinessTravelRADIO are perfect platforms for experts to come and share their knowledge with listeners from all over the world. As a media company, TravelTalkMEDIA allows us to use multiple networks to educate and bring important information to consumers in multiple formats.

3. Tell us a success story from your work.
As a human traffic awareness trainer, every class is a success story, simply because we know at the end of the day, someone was deeply touched.It is evident as many share their thoughts with us after their training.

This summer I trained the attendees of the Disruptive Passenger Conference in London and again we were able to inspire many are partnering with some of them supporting their efforts to educate and stop this horrific human rights violation.  

If you want to get more involved with ECPAT, and help end human trafficking go to: www.ECPATUSA.org

Or contact me at: Sandy@traveltalkmedia.com  


No comments:

Post a Comment