Thursday, April 16, 2015
Jonelle Trimmer (Rep. Matsui) 202-225-7163
Sarah Zukowski (Sen. Blumenthal) 202-224-0335
- A Man Overboard System should be required to be installed on all cruise ships, as the technology is now available.
- The Coast Guard should certify Victim’s Advocates for the Cruise lines to make certain victims are informed of their rights and ensure the Cruise lines are in compliance with the laws.
- Medical staff credentialing and certifying processes outlined and required in the CVSSA must be adhered to when treating all medical cases onboard a ship, not just in cases of sexual assault.
- Cruise ships must add acoustic sounding devices. A ship’s public address system is not enough because it was not designed to be audible at great distances from the ship.
- The requirements of the CVSSA should apply to all voyages regardless of whether or not it embarks or disembarks passengers in the United States.
Commandant of the Coast Guard
United States Coast Guard
2701 Martin Luther King Jr Avenue Southeast
Washington, DC 20032